Thursday, November 10, 2011

Did God Make Us Because He Was Lonely?

I have heard some Pastors and teachers say that God created us for fellowship. I have even heard some say that God made us because He was lonely. Was God lonely? I know I have been lonely and I sure some of you have been. The Bible records the first thing God said was not good, was man to be alone (Genesis 2:18).

No where in the Bible do we get the hint that God made us because He was lonely and wanted people to talk to him. The Bible describes God as the most self-sufficent being there ever was or ever will be. God has no beginning and no end so, when the questions comes of who made God, the answer is no one.

We are not the center of God's universe. J.I. Packer once said, "It is never true that God is at a lost without you and me." God does not need us. He did not need to make man to fellowship with him. God could have gotten fine through all eternity without us. God created us for his glory (Isaiah 43:7). We were made to give him praise. We were not made because he had nothing better to do.

God loved us in spite of our sin, that he provided His Son to rescue us from our sin. Jesus also "suffered once for sins...that he might bring you to God" (1 Peter 3:18). The cross was about God. Every story in the Bible is about God and not us. We are nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis