Monday, July 23, 2012

While I Was Away

If you follow me on Twitter, a friend on Facebook, or follow this blog, you probably noticed I have not posted a lot of things. I enjoyed a sweet time away with my family. Got to enjoy Sealife and Legoland in Grapevine, Tx and a relaxing couple of days on Tyler.

A lot has happened in the last week. One of them being the shootings in Aurora, CO at a movie theater while watching The Dark Knight Rises. I found out about this at 4 in the morning on Fox News Channel. This dominated the news all day Friday that left many wondering if the movie should be pulled from theaters or even if people should go see the movie.

A Friday, a retired police officer from the Wichita Falls PD died in a motorcycle accident in Oklaunion. This hit home with my pastor, who is a retired police office in the WFPD, is he worked with him and a few years ago, found out he was a Christian. My pastor felt relieved and amazed at God's grace because of this man's salvation.

Yesterday, Penn State University decided to remove the statue of famed football coach Joe Paterno in wake of his involvement of covering up child abuse by Jerry Sandusky. It is amazing how many opinions have come out considering the removal of the statue. Today, NCAA is giving a press conference on the penalties on the university for the cover up.

There were many things that happened in the last week, it would take me forever to write about them. One thing I am thankful is that God is still on the throne and Jesus is alive. It was good to get away and get refreshed. This week we have our Vacation Bible School (VBS), which we will have a Junior High VBS for the first time. I am praying that many will hear the gospel and kids receive Jesus as Lord and Savior.

*On a lighter note: To all my Twitter and Facebook friends, thank you for not telling the whole world how The Dark Knight Rises ends because I do plan to see it soon*

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis