Monday, February 10, 2014

When Scripture Takes Over The Service

Last night was probably one of the most memorable evening service I have ever been a part of. Our pastor was prepared to preach the sermon when the Lord had other plans. Instead of preaching, he asked the congregation, which was not many of us attending if they have a favorite scripture they would like to share or some verse that God has been speaking to them lately.

Some shared one verse while others shared their favorite Psalm. I decided to read out of Romans 8. I know some of you maybe thinking why there. Well, for one thing, Romans 8 has been considered by many one of the greatest chapters in the entire Bible. Another reason was to share a challenge that I gave myself at the beginning of the year which is to memorize more scripture especially a chapter in the Bible, which I picked Romans 8.

Yes, a Christian sermon is suppose to based on the Bible, but when people quoting scripture takes over the sermon, that will make a beautiful sermon. Take this video of one pastor reciting the entire book of Hebrews which took over 46 minutes to accomplish.

Hebrews Recited from Covenant Fellowship Church on Vimeo.


This is one video I shared on the blog back in 2011, which features Matt Carter reading the Sermon on the Mount while on location in Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis