Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Hope For Unite

Back in February, my church teams with another church to attend a Disciple Now weekend called, "Unite." We had several churches join us for that weekend which I am thankful for the partnership of these churches as well as the church that we teamed up with. What I did not know was what was coming out of it.

A month later, several youth pastors and I met to discuss the ministry of Unite. It was not just for a Disciple Now weekend, but to continue throughout the year. The purpose of Unite is to get the teenagers of our city's churches together for fellowship and equipping them for ministry. What also came out of this was to get a youth pastors network started. We had one in the city, but that has fallen through the cracks because most of the youth pastors who started that have moved on.

The goal of the ministry is to come together as the body of Christ where it is about Christ's church, not my church or your church. We are all on the same team. This is not about who has the praise band, the coolest website, or if their pastor wears skinny jeans (real men do not wear skinny jeans). Tonight is the first meeting of our new youth pastor's network which is a branch of Unite. We may come up with another name (youth pastors have to come up with a cool name for something).

Will we agree on everything? No. Most of the youth pastors I am working with know that if I have a an area of disagreement, I will voice it. The point is coming together as the body of Christ in Wichita Falls. My hope is that we would come together and the world will know we are disciples of Jesus and proclaim the gospel in every meeting whether it is just youth pastors or all the churches meeting together.

I ask for prayer as I help start this new youth pastors network so we can all work together and share what God is doing in our churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis