Monday, June 16, 2014

Book Review: Make Mature Multiply edited by Brandon Smith


If you follow me on Twitter and Facebook, you know that I occasionally post entries from Gospel-Centered Discipleship in hopes to give encouragement to the body of Christ as well to those who serve in a local church setting. I was recently given the opportunity to review a book that my friend Brandon Smith has put together called, Make Mature Multiply: Becoming Fully-Formed Disciples of Jesus.

This book is written by several different pastors and scholars such as Jonathan Dodson, Alvin Reid, Winfield Bevins, Jeff Vanderstelt, and Brad Watson. The chapters of the book are articles that have been posted on gcdiscipleship.com that are now in book format. The book is divided into three parts which are sum up the call of the Christian believer, making disciples, maturing disciples, and multiplying disciples.

The chapters are easy to read yet very challenging. Yes, there are many authors but I appreciate what Brandon has done in giving churches a book to be used to equip and encourage Christians as they go and make disciples just as Jesus directed us to. I know I have completed reading it yet but I can already tell this will be a great resource for the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis