Friday, June 13, 2014

Book Review: What's Best Next by Matt Perman

I have to be honest, books on productivity are not ones I would just pick up for the fun of it. They are boring and sometimes would make you do stupid stuff. Not to mention some of them are written by people who could be doing something more productive than writing about how to be more productive.

When I heard that Matt Perman, who has worked for Desiring God with John Piper, has written a book on being productive, titled, What's Best Next, I thought he was crazy. Why write a book to Christians about being productive? Are Christians suppose to be the most productive people on the planet? Then the subtitle of the book caught my attention, "How the gospel transforms the way you get things done." My thoughts were this is was not going to be your typical book on being productive and I was right.

Perman beings the book by talking about the myths in being productive and counters them with what productivity really is. The rest of the book deals having a gospel-centered approach to productivity, how prayer and scripture contributes to our productivity, and also how to effectively use our time. Perman also quotes Albert Mohler about how to use our reading time which is a big help for those who like to read more than one book at a time (not all at once).

The chapters are easy to read and very short so your mind is not going information overload. This book is now my go-to book on productivity. I recommend this book to every Christian and even give this book to a non-believer that it may open the door to share the gospel with them.

Thanks BookLook Bloggers for letting me review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis