Thursday, August 21, 2014

Book Review: Answering Your Kids' Toughest Questions by Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson

Every parent feels unequipped to answer their kids' hard questions. They even feel terrified when they help with homework over things they have no idea what it is. As a parent, I sometimes find myself wondering would I have been able to get through school with all these things they teach my kids.

As a Christian parent, I know it is my primary duty to teach my children spiritual truths. I must admit they have asked me hard questions I had to do some research on. Some parents do not feel that way. They freak out when their kids ask them questions such as, "what is sin?," "why grandpa have to die?," or "why are my friend's parents getting a divorce?"

Mother and daughter team, Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson tackle how parents can answer their kids' hard questions in their book, Answering Your Kids' Toughest Questions. This book deals with the questions of sin, divorce, natural disasters, and even who is Satan. Fitzpatrick and Thompson takes the questions kids will have and writes what the Bible says about those certain topics.

What I love about this book is that Fitzpatrick and Thompson even break down what should said about the topic in each chapter to different age groups. Let's face it, sometimes talking to child about sexual sin is more difficult than addressing this issue to a teenager. The last chapter of the book deals with the gospel. The gospel is be shared at all times in the home. Fitzpatrick and Thompson tell their readers that their kids need to trust in what Christ has done and not their good behavior. I love this book. I think every parent, whether you a one month old or a 10-year-old, should read this book. Children and Youth Pastors give this book to your parents.

Thanks Bethany House for letting me review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis