Monday, February 9, 2015

Bible Memorization Tips

Do you struggle with memorizing the Bible? If you answer is yes, then join the club. We all in one way or another struggle with scripture memorization. For me, there are days I am doing well and others I fall flat on my face. I have a few Bible apps on my phone but still have issues with recalling verses I have committed to memory.

A couple of years ago, I decided to memorize the book of Philippians. At first, I was starting off really well then it got harder. Kept mixing up verses and leaving out some words. To make a long story short, I had an epic fail.

So like everyone else, I need some help. Thankfully David Mathis recently gave 5 tips on memorizing the Bible:

1. Diversify your picks.

2. Take it with you during the day.

3. Seek to understand, feel, and apply.

4. Turn your text into prayer.

5. Memorize in light of the gospel.


You can read the entire post here.

Recommend Reading:

The Discipline of Scripture Memorization

Why Memorize Scripture by John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis