Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Review: When Sinners Say I Do DVD Series by Dave Harvey

I have heard of Dave Harvey's book, When Sinners Say I Do and also desired to read it. I know many church leaders that recommend that book for people who are married or about to be married. I have read other books by Dave Harvey and enjoyed them greatly.

Then I heard that Harvey did a DVD series based on his marriage book, which what I am reviewing today. Dave brings to the table from his experience not only as a preacher of the gospel, but also from over 30 years of marriage. Dave pulls no punches as he preaches but also delivers the gospel in each message. He talks about sin, contentment, mercy, and even sex. Lets be honest, how can you not talk about sex while teaching on marriage?

I love the clarity of the teaching. Each segment is filled with grace and sound doctrine. Each segment is 20-25 minutes long, which means you can do two segments in one meeting if you desire to do so. If I have to recommend a marriage series for a small group setting or even on pre-martial counseling, this would be one that I will use. After watching these DVD's, I really want to read the book even though I probably heard a lot of the teachings from it on the DVD's.

Thanks Shepherd Press for allowing to review this great DVD series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis