Monday, June 1, 2015

Summer Reading Lists

For most students, today marks the first official day of summer vacation. I am sure parents are figuring out what to do with their kids if they have not already. I know many families have that one week of vacation where they take the kids somewhere special.

Summer is also a great time for reading. I know I have a few books ready for the summer that are not ones I am reviewing. If you follow this blog, you know there are many books I have reviewed and are right now in a state of shock that I read books not for the purpose of reviewing.

I have five books on my list for the summer, which might grow in a few weeks after other books come out. Three of these books I should done by the end of the summer. The other two might take me past the summer. So here is my summer reading list:

Dispatches from the Front: Stories of Gospel Advance in the World by Tim Keesee

Saturate: Being Disciples of Jesus in the Everyday Stuff of Life by Jeff Vanderstelt

The Prodigal Church: A Gentle Manifesto Against the Status Quo by Jared C Wilson

God's Glory in Salvation through Judgment: A Biblical Theology by James Hamilton

Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Christian Belief by John Frame

I know it is not a big list, but with two of those books being big books, I should have a fun time reading and I am not saying that sarcastically. Now if you are looking for a few good books to read over the summer, let recommend these:

Experiencing the Trinity: The Grace of God for the People of God by Joe Thorn

Kept for Jesus: What the New Testament Really Teaches about Assurance of Salvation and Eternal Security by Sam Storms

Who is Jesus? by Greg Gilbert

The Unbelievable Gospel: Say Something Worth Believing by Jonathan Dodson

Gospel Formed: Living a Grace-Addicted, Truth-Filled, Jesus-Exalting Life by J.A. Medders

You Can Pray: Finding Grace to Pray Every Day by Tim Chester

Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God by Tim Keller

Glory Hunger: God, the Gospel, and Our Quest for Something More by J.R. Vassar

Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis