Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Quotes from Awe by Paul David Tripp

The following quotes are from Awe: Why It Matters for Everything We Think, Say, and Do by Paul David Tripp:

Every awesome thing in creation is designed to point you to the One who alone is worthy of capturing and controlling the awe of your searching and hungry heart (pg. 21).

Between the "already" of the sin of Adam and Eve and the "not yet" of the final redemption, a war rages over who or what will rule and control the awe capacity that God has established within every human heart (pg.25-26).

Fear of man is an awe problem. When I forget that God's glory defines not only him but who I have become as his child, I look to people to give me meaning, purpose, and identity (pg. 45).

Awe of God means I live knowing that there is a greater story than my little personal story. Awe of God means that there is a grander kingdom than my little kingdom of one. Awe of God means that God has a plan far bigger and better than any plans I have for myself (pg. 61).

We must not reduce Christianity to a system of theology and rules. Theology and rules will never redeem you (pg. 92).

The Bible never debates God's care; it assumes and declares it (pg. 105).

Worship awe is meant to capture your heart and bend your knee in humble, joyful adoration (pg. 115).

For the church to be the church-not just a place where you can find ministry but where the people are a ministering community-every believer must accept his or her role in the life of every other believer (pg. 153).

Other books by Paul Tripp:

Sex & Money: Pleasures That Leave You Empty and Grace That Satisfies

Forever: Why You Can't Live Without It

Dangerous Calling: Confronting the Unique Challenges of Pastoral Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis