1. Romans 9 makes me confident that God’s word will not fail and all the promises of Romans 8 will prove true for me, even in the worst suffering.
2. Romans 9 makes me stand in awe of God, and leads me into the depth of true God-centered worship
3. Romans 9 helps protect me from trifling with divine things.
4. Romans 9 helps to keep me amazed at my own salvation.
5. Romans 9 makes me groan over the indescribable disease of our secular, God-belittling culture.
6. Romans 9 makes me confident that the work which God planned and began, he will finish — both globally and personally.
7. Romans 9 makes me see everything in the light of God’s sovereign purposes — that from him and through him and to him are all things, to him be glory forever and ever.
8. Romans 9 makes me hopeful that God has the will, the right, and the power to answer prayer that people be changed.
9. Romans 9 reminds me that evangelism is absolutely essential for people to come to Christ and be saved, and that there is great hope for success in leading people to faith, but that conversion is not finally dependent on me or limited by the hardness of the unbeliever.
10. Romans 9 makes me sure that God will triumph in the end.