Thursday, September 26, 2013

Gospel Project: One Year Later

It is hard to believe that over a year ago, I started to teach from The Gospel Project. This material from Lifeway has been the best Bible study resource for teens I have ever used especially in teaching Sunday School. In most of the churches I have served in, I have been the Sunday School teacher. In fact, in my current position, Sunday morning is my main teaching time, until recently we started Youth Discipleship Training (Youth DT).

Reasons why I started teaching for The Gospel Project was the fact it is Biblically sound and is basically how I would teach, even though, I did not write the lesson. Another reason was that in the past, the Sunday School literature I have used was very moralistic. There were times I had to change some of the wording because I did not agree with what was written. One material I had was in an outline format so the students can follow along with me.

Another reason was my past experience with Lifeway Youth material. There youth material in the past was not very user friendly. In fact, it was almost confusing as to what was being taught. I remember talking with churches of various sizes in different cities and ask them if they used the Lifeway Youth material. All of them said they do not. So when I came to Emmanuel, I told the Pastor I will not use Lifeway Youth material for Sunday School. He understood. He said what God is leading me to do, do it.

When I heard of The Gospel Project, my heart leaped for joy. When I read the first lesson, it was all my dreams come for a Sunday School material that was faithful to the Biblical text and teaches the gospel without making it a me-centered lesson. There have been times when God has used my study time to speak to me and teach things I have never thought of. In fact, I wished this material was used when I was in Sunday School. I was wish all churches will use The Gospel Project especially teaching children and students. I am grateful to God for The Gospel Project and will continue to use it.

If you would like to get on board or if you are interested in The Gospel Project, then to their website and check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis