Saturday, November 9, 2013

Husbands: Share Your Passwords

My wife was new to social media so when she decided to open a Facebook account, I decided to help her out. As she was looking through her new page, she saw that I liked a page but the page had the name of a female singer, who happens to be a friend of mine. She thought I liked this person as how a boy likes a girl if you know what I am saying. I told her what the "like" button was all about.

As I was thinking about this incident, the Holy Spirit directed me to get a piece of paper and write down all my passwords to my social media sites as well as my e-mail accounts. I am sure some of you maybe thinking that my wife is demanding or not trusting me. The answer is no. The point of what the Spirit was leading me to do was to share my passwords so there are no secrets. I told her that I have written all of them done so there are no secrets.

I want my wife to know there are no secrets in our marriage especially in the area of social media which has been known to cause friction in some marriages. Husbands, this is a call for humility. You want to honor God in your marriage, just take time to share all your sites and passwords with her.

Not only is this good for your marriage but also your parenting. One of my kids has expressed getting on Facebook. We said you can but you have to give us your password so we know what is going on your site and if you are chatting with someone you should have no business chatting with. Plus you know what your kids are saying about you or someone else on social media.

1 comment:

  1. good points- secrecy about online social media can often lead to the erosion of a marriage

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis