Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A New Season Has Come

This year marks my fourth year as Youth Pastor to Emmanuel Baptist Church. It has been a great joy to serve this church. Prior to my arrival at the church, I felt God was leading me to either plant a church, become pastor of an existing church, or replant a church. I had no idea why God allowed me to go back into youth ministry, however, my task was to build a youth ministry from the ground up and I have admit it was no easy task.

The desire for gospel-centered ministry especially in church planting never went away. My wife has told me that it was not a good idea to be involved in planting a church because I did not have the resources nor a core group to help plant a church. I listened to her discernment on this issue and I thank God for that because if I attempted to start a church on my own, I would fail in five minutes.

Through the common grace of social media, I have been talking with a brother in Christ who started a church nearly six years ago. He confessed to me he started things backwards. He is a reformed baptist, like me, who embraces reformed theology and preaches expositionally, which I feel is the best approach to preaching the Bible. He did not have any membership covenants nor elders to leader the church. The church is right now in the middle of a relaunch and they want to do things right.

We have had a few conversations and discussed our love for Jesus and the church. Also we discussed the need for a gospel-centered community in our city where we make much of Jesus. After praying, talking with a few others, and the support of my family, I am leaving Emmanuel Baptist Church to join in the relaunching of Truth Bible Church in Wichita Falls.

At this time, I do have a staff position nor a ministry title. However, I am currently, along with a few other men, going through the process of being installed as one of the church elders. I ask for prayer during this transition. I ask for prayer from my family as well. I thank God for them and supporting me in my ministry over the years through the good and hard times.

We do not have a relaunch date right nor do we have a website that is up. We hope to get all that taken care of soon. I will do my best to keep everyone up to date as to what is going on with the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis