Monday, November 17, 2014

Favorite Blogs, Podcasts, and Websites - Part 1

If you are a frequent visitor to Keeping The Main Thing, you know from time to time, I post articles or link from other websites. In fact on the right side on the site, you will see links that I recommend. Granted some of them have become out of date due to varying circumstances. So I decided to write about a few of my favorite websites/blogs that I recommend for everyone to go to every once in while.

Now I am not planning to write about every website in this one post. I do plan from write about these websites periodically. This is not a top 15 websites list but a list of sites that I encourage Christians to go to. I am not in competition with these sites, but view these sites are great tools that the Lord has given to the church.

So, here we go. Let me begin with two podcasts on the Internet that I go to.

The Gospel Friends. It is a few minister serving a church talking about topics that affect Christians as well as funny stuff. Their name is a spin-off from "The Super Friends," which is a TV show I grew up watching. Every episode starts off with an introduction like it is a trailer from a movie:

In a world where heresy blankets the airwaves, religious stuffed-shirts suck the life out of Sunday morning, and prosperity teacher rob grandmothers of their pensions, three unassuming ministers endeavor to shine the light of Biblical theology and put the fun back in fundamentalism.

Next we got The Reformed Pubcast. If you are a lover of beer and theology, this is the podcast for you. I will confess I am not a big beer drinker and it is not because I have been part of Southern Baptist churches for most of my life. I do enjoy listening to this because they discuss tough theological topics with Biblical conviction while discussing what they are currently drinking. From time to time, they will have a special guest on the show such as Tullian Tchividjian, James White, and R.C.Sproul, Jr.

Now you maybe thinking that I don't listen to sermons online. Nothing could be further from the truth. I do listen to them I just don't count them as podcast. Yes, I know that I weird.

Hope you enjoy these podcasts as much as I do. For more podcasts you can check out Aaron Armstrong's recent post on his five favorite podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis