Monday, September 17, 2012

Overview of The Gospel Project

A few weeks ago, our youth started The Gospel Project form Lifeway. I have never been excited about a Sunday School material until this new cirriculum was introduced. I have to confess as a Youth Pastor, Lifeway Sunday School material was not one I would want to teach from. A few years ago, I talked with several Youth Pastors from different cities in different size churches and talked Sunday School teaching cirriculum. Every Youth Pastor I talked with said they will not use Lifeway Sunday School material because it's teaching teens how to be good moral students plus the writers are out of touch with youth culture.

One of the reasons I am excited about The Gospel Project is that it is not teaching teens on how to be good moral students. It is teaching about who God is and what He has done for us through the cross of Christ. If you have not started The Gospel Project, I encourage you to get on board because this is one Lifeway cirriculum that I can endorse as being a gospel-centered teaching material for teenagers.

This video is an overview of The Gospel Project:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis