Monday, November 12, 2012

Why Did God Create Us?

Our church is doing Henry Blackaby's classic study Experiencing God. The first time I took the course was when I was a teenager. I thought it would be neat to take again now that I have put on my big boy pants. As the course began, Blackaby teaches that we are created for a relationship with God. I do not remember seeing that in the Bible.

To be frank, there is no where in the Bible that indicates we were created for a relationship with God. Matt Chandler said, "as nice as it sounds that God made us for a relationship, Scripture does not teach that." Isaiah 43:7 says, "everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made". John Piper talks about why God created us in the video from New City Catechism:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis