Wednesday, January 2, 2013

John Piper's Last Sermon at Bethlehem Baptist Church

It is hard to believe that this past Sunday was the last sermon John Piper gave at his church where he has been for over 30 years. He mentioned in this video that his successor takes over the role of preaching and vision today. I know many of you have been blessed by the ministry of John Piper. I know this is not the last sermon he will preach, that is what he said. I also know that we will still see books from him. Let us pray for Bethlehem Baptist Church as they make this transition and for John Piper as he makes one as well. This video is that sermon he preached this past Sunday:



Here is a list of my favorite books by Piper:

Desiring God

The Pleasures of God

Spectacular Sins

Finally Alive, which is the best book I have ever read on being born again

Don't Waste Your Life

What Jesus Demands From The World

Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came To Die

When I Don't Desire God

God Is The Gospel

Future Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis