Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Prayer For Boston

Yesterday, the Internet and TV has been filled with news regarding the bombings that happened during the historic Boston Marathon in Boston, MA. So far over 100 people have been treated with injuries and 3 killed including an 8-year-old boy. Many people in our country are crying out for justice and many are offering prayers for not only the victims, but for the entire city of Boston. I would like to offer my prayers during this time:

Father, as we look in horror over this act of violence we acknowledge that you still on your throne. No one has dethroned you nor has done anything to take away your sovereign rule. Father, I pray for the victims of this tragedy. I pray you will send comforters to them for you are the God of all comfort. I pray for all the doctors that they will treat there patience with care and thank you for the many that were there following the bombing.

Father, I pray for our churches, especially the ones in Massachusetts, that they will open their doors for anyone with questions regarding yesterday's tragedy. I pray our churches will be gospel-centered where no one is pointing an accusing finger at the sins of the people of the city. Jesus, I pray our churches will make much of you during this time.

Father, I pray that justice will be served. That the person or persons responsible will be caught and brought to justice.

Father, I pray for the day of the return of Jesus. Father, we are crying "Maranatha." We know that He will set everything right. I pray that we remember this world is not as it should, but when Jesus returns, it will be as You wanted it to be in the beginning. In the name of Jesus, I pray, AMEN.


Recommended Reading:

'Sin Is Insanity': A Pastoral Word on the Boston Marathon Bombings from Mars Hill Church

A Marathon Bombing, the Broken World, and Our Maranatha Hope by Ed Stetzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis