Tuesday, August 23, 2011

J.R.R. Tolkien by Mark Horne


I love the Lord of the Ring movies. They are my all-time favorite movies. My wife loves the last movie, Return of the King. I am excited about the release of The Hobbit, happens next year. So to get ready for the release of The Hobbit, I decided to read this biography on J.R.R.Tolkien written by Mark Horne.

Like any good biography, this one starts off with Tolkien's upbringing, all of his travels, studying at Oxford University, and eventually written The Lord of the Rings. The final chapter of the book talks about Tolkien's legacy. Horne even mentioned that The Lord of Rings was voted the best book of the 20th century in a poll by British bookstore Waterstone.

This is a great small book to introduce readers to J.R.R. Tolkien especially if they just started watching the Lord of the Ring movies and if they are eagerly waiting for The Hobbit to come out next year.

Thanks Booksneeze for allowing me to review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis