Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Book Review: How The Gospel Brings Us All The Way Home by Derek W.H. Thomas


There have been many great commentaries written for the last few hundred years. Many commentaries go through books of the Bible, but very few go through just one chapter of the Bible. Derek W.H. Thomas did exactly that in his book, How The Gospel Brings Us All The Way Home.

Thomas explores what has been called the greatest chapter of the Bible, Romans 8. Thomas breaks down the eighth chapter of Romans into eleven chapters on how we have no condemnation in Christ, we are free from the law because Christ fulfilled it, being adopted into the family of God, predestined to be conformed to likeness of Jesus, and our union in Christ which lasts forever. The book ends with a short summary on why Paul wrote Romans and how the eighth chapter was an important read for his readers.

What I love about this book is that it quotes the verses the next chapter is about to deal with, just before you read that chapter. This is good for memorization, which all Christians should have Romans 8 memorize because of the importance of that chapter for a believer. This book is very user friendly and an easy read. This book is not only for maturing believers, but also for new converts. For me this book was truly amazing because I am trying to memorize and study the eighth chapter of Romans, which this was the perfect book to go along with my studies. This is one book I know will be using quite a bit and I know it will contribute many Bible teachers as they teach Romans.

To comply with Federal Trade Commission guidelines, I will receive a free copy of the book as compensation for my review. Thanks Ligonier for allowing me to review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis