Tuesday, May 3, 2016

God Does Not Apologize For The Bible

It seems that J.K. Rowling, author of the famous "Harry Potter" series has been issuing apologies for killing off several beloved characters. I am not what to call this. Writer's guilt or responding to backlash from the fans. I have never heard of an author apologizing from their work as much as J.K. Rowling. You never hear that from any other writer unless they wrote something that was false or controversial.

As I was reading about Rowling's latest apology, I am thankful for one will never apologize for what He has inspired 40 different authors to write. The Bible has been around for centuries and we have never heard through out the cosmos an apology from God about what He has written. Other Christian have taken it upon themselves to do such a task because they don't want to offend people with Biblical truth. The problem is they are offended by Biblical truth themselves because they love their sin, lifestyle, or possessions more than the Savior. When we have done this, we have become ashamed of the Bible and God Himself.

The word is "profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16). The second half of Psalm 19 is a song of praise for the Word as well as all of Psalm 119. The Lord through the Prophet Isaiah said, "so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it" (Isaiah 55:11).

As you read through the Bible, you see how God fulfills His promises and what promises He has made that are still to come. You will also never see God apologizing to anyone for what He has said or what He has done. If He did, the first person I think He would apologize to is Job for allowing Satan to put him through all his trials.

There are some things in the Bible that can make people uncomfortable. When that moment comes, we need to realize the problem is not the Bible. The problem is us. In my early days as a Christian, I wished Revelation was not in the Bible because I heard a lot of bad teaching from it. I was scared of the Second Coming because of cheesy End Time movies. Thankfully, my perspective on the Bible has changed as well as my eschatology.

While there will be authors of classic work that may regret things they have written, we can rest knowing that God will never go back on His word. He will never apologize for it nor will He want anyone else editing it. Since He has never apologized for what He has written, neither should we.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis