Friday, July 10, 2020

My Review of the ESV Creeds and Confessions Bible



A while back, Grace Bible Theological Seminary (GBTS) was giving away a copy of the ESV Creeds and Confessions Bible and like everyone else, I entered the contest. Been hearing good things about this Bible and wanted to get my hand on it. GBTS e-mailed me and said that I won, which I was grateful and humbled that I was picked. They even asked me if I want to write a review, which I agreed to. 

This Bible is not a study Bible, but it does contain creeds and confessions from the faith such as the 1689 Baptist Confession, the Apostle Creed, the Nicene Creed, the Westminster Confession, and more. It also has the Heidelberg Catechism and the Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms. The confessions are in the Back of the Bible for reference plus, if your pastor is using a creed or confession as a reference, you can turn there and read along with him, The Bible is in the English Standard Version (ESV) and in a double-column format. One thing I love about this Bible is that the font is readable. It is in a 10 point font which is not too small and not too large, which makes it perfect for reading, preaching, scripture memorization. It does has a double-ribbon which is great for reading the Old and New Testament or keeping your place when reading the Bible and going to a confession for reference. 

This particular Bible is in the TruTone leather format which is leather scraps that are bonded together make some quality leather but not as good as a genuine leather Bible, which lasts longer that bonded or TruTone leather Bibles. One thing that has been brought up is the fact that these same creeds and confessions are in the Reformation Study Bible. The question is what is the difference between this Bible and the study Bible? Simply put: The ESV Creeds and Confessions Bible does not have study notes and it is easier to carry to church and in your backpack. 

Whether you are a Presbyterian, Baptist, or just someone who loves the historic creeds and confessions of the faith, this is Bible is one that I would highly recommend. I have enjoyed mine since I got it. This Bible is in my top 5 for personal use. 

I want to thank GBTS for asking me to review this Bible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis