Wednesday, August 29, 2012

God Has Always Been Around

This Sunday, I will be starting The Gospel Project with our teenagers. I am very excited about what God will do through this new material which is centered around the gospel. As I was studying the first lesson, it takes me back to what I posted recently on the question of "Who Made God?"

The reason lesson one took me back to that post was it began with the beginning of the Bible and how God spoke creation into being. One of the commentary notes on the teachers guide said this:

God existed before there was a universe and will exist after the universe perishes

If you recall that post, I mentioned Psalm 90:2 as my main verse for God being from everlasting to everlasting meaning that He has no beginning and no end. The commentary on The Gospel Project pointed to Hebrews 1:10-12, which says:

“You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning,
and the heavens are the work of your hands;
they will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment,
like a robe you will roll them up,
like a garment they will be changed.
But you are the same,
and your years will have no end.”


God was always and will be around. In the beginning God (Genesis 1:1) and "In the beginning...the Word was God" (John 1:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis